Friday, January 4, 2008

Day 4

ISO 800 F/8 SS 1/1600
Focal Length 25mm

So I walked around downtown Houston today on my lunch break and I saw so many "scenes" that I wanted to capture, but being the chicken that I am, I didn't take the picture. I am so scare some one will chase me down because they don't want their picture taken. Imagine the headlines...YOUNG WOMAN SNAPS PICTURE OF UNSUSPECTING HOMELESS MAN AND IS CHASED AND PUMMELED WITH HER OWN CAMERA. Yeah no so funny when I read that back. So until I make sure I am wearing my running shoes and can get away easy, I'll stick the the buildings and different things.

This picture today is of a park across the street from the Toyota Center, there are I think five of these different metal structures all together. I really liked this perspective so I decided this will be the shot to post today.

19 comments:

Michelle said...

i love that structure. very detailed. and don't worry about taking pictures while out and about. if people are in a public place they give up the expectation of privacy. just have fun. oh and be sneaky if you have to! :)

Stacey said...

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great capture! I really like the tones in the conversion...really shows the texture/detail well. Nice vignetting, too!

Kristi said...

I do the SAME thing! I get embarrassed that someone will see me take a picture of a fire hydrant or something and will I'm crazy! I know I just need to get over it, but it's HARD! :)

I love the conversion...really nice job!

Val said...

LOL about your scenario. I'm always worried about things like that too. I just try to make it look like I'm shooting something else, and then sneak shots of unsuspecting people, if I really want a shot of them. Did you see my photo of the man on the beach hehe Love ths photo though! Cool angle

Anonymous said...

Great photo. I too am afraid to take certain pictures for fear of getting yelled at! My dd actually has dance class today and I am afraid to take my camera!
Cari

C said...

beautiful!

Danielle said...

beautiful pictures. I have the same fear at times of taking pictures.

Sara said...

Interesting!
It will be fun to follow along with you down in Houston- I'm up in cold NY.
I enjoyed looking at the pics of your soulmate and kids. It will be fun getting to know you!

Unknown said...

Ah....I love this picture. Very fun angle....

Katie said...

Very cool looking and I love the conversion! Good for you for getting out there :)

flute4peace said...

I really love the perspective on this. Great angle!

Tori said...

Nice shot! I like your conversion!

Jess said...

LOL! I can see the headlines now!

I love this shot- Your low perspective gives it such a great angle and makes it so interesting! It seems almost gloomy to me too... like a mausoleum at a cemetery (maybe it's all the gray tones?). Anyway, great shot!

Tomboymama said...

An interesting building...I like your composition!

Deb said...

love the detail in the building. very cool.

Margaret said...

Love the details in this shot. Great job!

Yvonne said...

Love your picture!! I have the same feelings when I'm taking a picture: I'm afraid people will laugh at me!! But on the other hand, if you don't try you will never get the picture!! I will get over it one day!
By the way I live near Houston too.

Jeanelle said...

Oooooh - very pretty!
What an awesome building!