Friday, January 18, 2008

Day 18

So I pulled up an old pic of me and my boyfriend (since he avoids me and I have no cute current pics) and just played around with it. I lightened the photo, mixed the background around to take away the distraction, cropped in some, smoothed my skin a little (it looked bad), added a warming filter and then made the photo kinda grainy (is that a word) and then added the vignette.

What do you think? I'll tell you what I think - not sure if I like the background, but I kinda "saved the photo" in other ways, by the way......this was taken with a point and shoot in my old suv with no flash, not with my dslr.

PS'd
Original

22 comments:

Toni said...

YOu could try a dark burn tool? I like it either way. So cute. Your in love@ Toni

Mandy said...

Its so cute! I love it just how it is.

Margaret said...

Cute shot!

Liz said...

I like it as is, I think you did a great job fixing a lot of the issues with the original photo. Super cute photo of you two!

Danielle said...

I like your pping though I don't think the sooc was bad. good crop on it.

Val said...

I think you made an amazing difference. The only thing I might do is tone the grain down just a tad on your face. Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the PP, cute photo.

Anonymous said...

This is great! I like your edit!
Cari

Mom2Drew said...

I think your edit definitely improves the shot.

For Over 29 Years... said...

I think you did a great job. Your skin smoothing looks very natural.

Jennifer said...

What a great photo to fix up!! Love the way it looks now :)

Becky said...

What a difference your PP made. You look happy in this photo. :-)

Angela2932 said...

You did a nice job on the editing. The colors look much better. I like the effect on your more than your boyfriend, but, hey, if he's avoiding you, then too bad for his photo, right!

Amy said...

This is a great shot, I like your editing.

Kristen said...

You brought it to life, i love what you have done. very cute shot!!

Sara said...

I like your fix. I agree with maybe a little less grain.

tori said...

Good save!

Michelle said...

i really like what you did here. definitely took a blah photo and made it saveable!

pakosta said...

i love the ps'ed versioN!
great job.
tara

Suzy said...

I like it!

April said...

you did a great job editing..it looks good.

Stacey said...

You did a great job on this picture!