Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Day 16

So I almost didn't post today....today was a bad day....I found out they are closing my department at the large bank I work for, well actually they are moving it to New York. I'm in Houston and moving to NY just is not an option for me. I have until I think April but the details are sketchy so I'm not real sure what is going to happen. I so upset 2007 was a bad year for me and I really thought 2008 would be better. The worst part is I'm in the middle of my house being built, actually it's almost done, so hopefully I can find a job soon.

I really wanted to post, this is actually something I look forward to doing and I am really trying to learn as much as I can and PLAY as much as I can....LOL!

So please take a look and see what you think and CC is always welcome and appreciated!

Thanks!

Original SOOC

The PS'd - Added a texture, played with the color curves (yes I learned about those now) and crop using a frame

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I feel so badly for you...hope the rest of your week gets better...I will be thinking of you!
Cari

Mom2Drew said...

Your edit is fab! I'm so sorry about your job, but that just means something better is right around the corner.

Toni said...

Uggh, Hopefully everything works out for you. Love the border in the second pic. Toni

emilyc said...

Sorry to hear about your job. Good luck finding something you love even more -- and fast! As for your photo, it looks great. The texture and coloring gives it a vintage look that really works here.

Danielle said...

Great job! The only I would say is to remove the texture off his face other than that I love it.

Sharon said...

Fun!!

Tera Fraley said...

What a fun action pic, love the pping here! Sorry to hear about your job, hope it all works out!!

Mandy said...

First, this is an awesome photo. I love your texture here, and the border. It gives it a really funky look.

I am so sorry to hear about your job. That is so tough to go through. I am sure that it just means that there really is something different and better out there waiting for you.

Bobbi said...

Sorry about your rough day, I hope things look up soon :) I love the texture and framing here.

Suzy said...

Love your edit!

Becky said...

I'm sorry you got such bad news. Best of luck to you. Love your son's cool dude pose here.

Anonymous said...

That's a great pose. The pic looks even better enlarged...love the little light reflection off the kneepad.

Can't wait to see the update when you find that new job...keep us posted.

Angela2932 said...

Wonderful action shot! I also like the shadow and your cropping. I hope things turn out better for you with your job. . .

Val said...

Cute skateboarding shot! Sorry about you rbad news today! you are in my thoughts

April said...

that texture looks amazing with the picture..great job..sorry to hear about your job. that sucks. hope things turn around for you.