Thursday, January 3, 2008

Day 3


So it's day three and I took another picture, can you believe it? As you can see I am really trying to keep with this. It makes me carry my camera around and I just keep looking for things to "shoot". I got lucky today, well kinda, I had to stay home from work to kid my two youngest children to the doctor so after the doctor we made a bit of a detour. This statue is part of a large fountain located near my house, it's actually in a shopping center and I just love the way it looks, I've always wanted to take pictures of it. This just gave me the opportunity.
I did a black and white conversion in PSE 6 and love the way it intensifies the look. The man just really looks like his is struggling, I slowed my shutter to get more of a flow of the water rather than freezing it. I like the way it "coats" the man.
ISO 800
F/36
SS 1/25 sec

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is funny...there is a spot on my way to and from work that I keep thinking that would be an awesome photo...I think you have inspired me to stop and take the photo! Great photo and black and white conversion!
Cari

cherie said...

like your black and white conversion think it works well on this photo

Anonymous said...

Great photo! I love the conversion and the effect that the water has on it!

me said...

very cool statue. Great conversion

Yvonne said...

Love how you have captured the water!! Great statue!!

Michelle said...

love how you played with the shutter speed here. really makes him more mysterious. and good for you in taking the camera with you! that's half the battle of taking pics!

Kristi said...

Very cool photo! I'm loving your conversion! Keep it up...can't wait to see more!

Leslie Morgan said...

Love the conversion and the water effect! Absolutely stunning.