Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day 10










So today is a simple minded focus but one a lot of people tend to over look...and that is FAMILY TIME. A focus for 2008 - more family time. Some people think with a big family you can't do much to have fun, but that is not at all the truth. You just have to be inventive.
We play board games, but we really like the other type of a family game....

The other type of family time we have and it may sound "wierd" to some is combat......yep I typed that correctly combat. We each have a nerf dart gun that shoots these little styrofoam bullets with either a suction cup or a velcro patch at the end. So to to play we dress in all black or another dark color....turn off all the lights in the house and go to war. Now some people may think it's not a game we should play but it's no different then contact football. We have so much fun doing this, the boys especially think it is the best thing ever. Justin, my boyfriend, even went so far as to get that under the eye black make-up and ski masks, the kids get a real kick out of it. The boys have gotten really good at hiding and sneaking up on us and just have a blast when they "shoot" us.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! Love that first photo!
Cari

Toni said...

I think it sounds so exciting. My son would love it. Toni

Liz said...

We have the nerf dart guns... SOoooo much fun! It has become Christmas tradition that our extended family bring their guns and we have an all out war Christmas afternoon. :D

I really like your first shot with all the games, so colorful and really nice focus.

Shannon said...

How fun!!!

Ljsmom33 said...

How fun! Can I come play??

Unknown said...

I love to play games! I am so glad DD has the game bug too. Like how you stacked the games. You got some nice focus on them.

Danielle said...

I think that it sounds like fun. I will have to try it with my family.

Mom2Drew said...

I think that's great, I'd like to play combat with my family too when the boys get a bit older. Thanks for the tip.

Tomboymama said...

We are hard core board gamers here, but haven't thought of combat. I am sure my girls would like it too. Great job.

Val said...

You're a brave woman. It drives me nuts when my kids are running crazy around the house, so I try to avoid such games. hehe Glad it's fun for you guys though!!

Sharon said...

Nice focus on family.

Margaret said...

Family fun time is a great thing! I love your shots!

Mandy said...

So much fun! I love the stacking in the first photo.

Becky said...

What fun that sounds like!

me said...

sounds like you all have a blast!

Bobbi said...

I LOVE board games for family time, they are so fun and really make you communicate :)

pakosta said...

family time is great!
good for yOU!
tara

April said...

great focus..i love rummikub by the way.

Tori said...

Ooh... i love board games! and my son has one of those nerf guns... he thinks it's the best thing ever!

Anonymous said...

So much fun. We have the same nerf equipment and run all over the house. We even turn Chess into a loud sport game.
Nice Focus

Tera Fraley said...

How neat!! Sounds like a fun game!! I grew up playing a lot of games and still play them when I get together with my family!

Farrah Jobling said...

What a fun idea! I'm sure it'll be lots of fun! =)