Tuesday, April 8, 2008

3, then 5, then 7...oh my now 10, wake up in the middle of the night (2:37am) and OMG 12 PUPPIES!

Yep that is right, our girl, who we thought would only have 7 maybe 8 puppies well low and behold they didn't stop coming...there are 12 puppies. Yeah 12. Pitbulls are known to have large litters but not usually their first litter, this was a surprise to us. We finally went to sleep at 11:30pm about an hour after she had the 10th puppy and figured she was done. Cleaned her welping box out added new bedding and went to be.

I wake up to my boyfriend saying I think something is wrong, she had just soiled her bedding again. So I get up and I say okay lets get her and the puppies out and I'll change it again. So while I am grabbing the puppies two at a time I am counting them....2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12.....WAIT 12???? WTH? Where did two more puppies come from? We are so shocked....

Mom is doing really good, she is a great mommy....I'll be getting with the vet tomorrow to see about adding in some extra milk, cause I cannot see her milk lasting too long with so many mouths to feed.

Luckily we have about 4 maybe 5 pre-sold, but that still leaves us with 7 or 8...WOW! Any one know of a responsible person looking for a beautiful pitbull? LOL! Seriously we will only sell to people who come referred or we throughly check the owner out. If you are thinking about it...we do have a contract and unless you are a breeder, you'll be required to have the puppy fixed, plus if you cannot keep the dog you HAVE to give the pup back to us, no selling it off or giving it away.
Okay off my soap box....here are some pictures!











5 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful pups :) I followed your link from 2peas. (oy!) I've only personally known 2 or 3 pits, and they were wonderful dogs. Friendly and intelligent. I get so tired of the stereotypes of certain breads. I have an 11 yr old GSD, and she's the most wonderful dog on earth (if i do say so myself). But the flack i've gotten from neighbors just for having her. Ridiculous. Good luck with the new babes!

EquineSpirit said...

Awwww...they are adorable!! :)

Jess said...

WOW?!?! 12 puppies! Awesome! They are SO SO cute... I wish I lived closer and that I were allowed to have pets, because I would SO want one! They are beautiful!

tizzylish said...

They are beautiful! I so want one! Congratulations!

C said...

WOW OH WOW!! Adorable!! Congrats! LMAO! Love the shots below that you got of her belly! SHE WAS HUGE MAN! I've ever seen a dog SOOOO prego big like that. Well... 12 pups, so no wonder huh! TFS :)